I love summer. I love how we have so many options- mountains, zoos, swimming, biking, parks... I feel like the possibilities are so vast. It helps us keep from getting bored, and thats usually pretty nice because my kids act so much better when they are engaged in something. Not always the case, definitely not, but at least I am also busy which makes me happy. I do like my days where we go nowhere, but a couple days a week its nice to be out and about. I purchased myself a bike trailer so that I could start biking with the kids. Abby always wants to ride, but without me being able to keep up I often have to tell her "no", because I don't want her going too far on her own, and I don't like having her out there unsupervised. When its hot outside tho, I don't really want to be out sitting there either. So now we can plan bike rides, perhaps in the morning time when its relatively cool yet. It's also about time I start getting back into some kind of physical shape. I am really not as concerned about my weight as I used to be, I realize I brought someone into this world, I provided them a means to enter this world, and I think its worth it. I didn't feel too great while I was pregnant, it was exhausting. I was kind of nauseated for quite a while. I also quit the gym so I didn't have anywhere so easily accessible to work out. So I ended up not. I don't feel like thats a huge deal though. I am starting up again, and I am more concerned with enjoying life. Hiking for the beauty
and the exercise. Same with biking,
enjoying the time outside with my kids. We also started looking at houses, next month is the big month we can put an offer in somewhere. I am kind of nervous. It's been a long long time since we've owned. This time we have kids, its much different. I care much more about area, yard, schools, neighborhood. and really views and the amount of green in the area do matter to me. However I am going to have to give somewhere, because there isn't as much as I'd like in my price range. I am excited though because this time it will be MY house. I can paint, re-carpet, put up curtains, paint the kitchen, replace the kitchen faucet with a NICE one, stuff like that. We had breakfast up in American Fork Canyon, it was delicious and lots of fun. The kids thrive outside like that, they had a 'secret' house, with rooms, a kitchen, all that good stuff. Then we went up to tibble fork reservoir. It's beautiful there, and I long for a kayak of my own...So I can sail away into the quiet water, and just enjoy the quietness. My house is not so quiet, so I really savor any quietness I may come upon. I imagined myself cross country skiing after a fresh snow, listening to Brian Crain, and all by myself. ahhh. I can dream. Perhaps one day, Mary will be in town, and I can go with her. Or snow shoe. I love the weekends. I love having Dan home, doing fun things together as a family... It's my favorite. He brought me an In N Out burger today, after getting new tires on my van. Yum. No cooking dinner for me! Well I teach primary tomorrow so I better get looking at that lesson. Til next time...
 |
| Dan slept outside in the backyard with the kids the past couple nights. I stayed in my bed with Owen....Where I belong! |
 |
| I was just sitting by them while they fall asleep |
 |
| the zoo with mary, isn't this a cute train? |
 |
| Here we go! |
 |
| Leo gets a LOT of help. Not really sure he wants all of it... |
 |
| my animals... |
 |
| Leo and the Lion |
 |
| what a happy bunch... abby wasn't happy she was dethroned by andrew. |
 |
| Monkeys... |
 |
| Cooling Off... they loved that part. |
 |
| I looked at the bear, and He looked at me! |
 |
| This Bear was putting on quite a show!! |
 |
| Dream of Flying... |
 |
| He LOVES watching these videos, facts are his favorite! he never wants to leave this spot. |
 |
| They don't call it "sfathering"... |
 |
| He is so proud of himself for spotting a seal lion on the display- good eye Leo! such a cute smile! |
 |
| Let's cook together. |
 |
| Good Morning America! |
 |
| It will be a sad day when she stops wanting this strange pink thing in her hair. Its been a favorite of hers for about a good year, she LOVES wearing it... and its a cute habit, even though it used to drive me nuts that she would constantly put it in her hair... |
 |
| warming by the fire, it was quite chilly when we first got there. |
 |
| So then I said.... |
 |
| Good old Dan-O |
 |
| Heidi cooked our delicious breakfast for us on her camp stove which was pretty handy to have! |
 |
| Aunt Jenny. We LOVE her so! |
 |
| she always wants to pet him. |
 |
| Breakfast time! everybody Up! |
 |
| I love Isabella's little expressions in these pictures. She was so happy. She kept telling Jen, "I saved a spot for you Jenny, come sit by me!" |
 |
| Isabella and her beloved pink clip;) |
 |
| she is such a very sweet girl |
 |
| Abby and Kortney are little buddies |
 |
| stinkers. |
 |
| what a gorgeous head of hair! |
 |
| funny girl, copying his expression, and how he LOVES to look up at the fan. It usually isn't turned on... |
 |
| totally unstaged, he LOVES his little bro. |
 |
| and the house hunting begins. I actually liked this kitchen, I has potential...and somewhere to roll out bread! |
 |
| this was also a great kitchen, but this neighborhood was too far out... |
 |
| Maiden Voyage of the Croozer. |
 |
| It was bed time, Isabella was super tired, and wanted a drink here. This was when we got home. |
 |
They say I can't use the infant sling with the bike attachment. It worked great though:)
|
No comments:
Post a Comment