Thursday, March 7, 2013

February

his own idea here, he decided to practice reading his scriptures.


she still finds soo much joy in Dora...how long can this phase last?

lunch date with the kiddos















enjoying life:) i love that about kids. a simple lunch and kiddie cone is thoroughly enjoyed by her!




she was 69%tile for weight, and 15%for height. which i think the height was off, they had her laying down and i think her neck was sort of scrunched up...

this was at her 18 mo checkup. she wasn't too sure about it...













at their cousin Carter's 5th birthday party. so much fun!!


our little "puppy"

see andrew climbing the rope? he did pretty good!

yesterday we finally got the tramp up! with some neighbors help, i was no match for that job, it was so much harder than i thought!
here are some updates from facebook, i think they sum up the past few weeks pretty well...
 
At 8 am my kids were already dressed and outside jumping. Its a very cool early march morning...And it's making me cold just watching them out there! But I love it:)
 I liked this quote-
"The things you say, the tone of your voice, the anger or calm of your words—these things are noticed by your children and by others. They see and learn both the kind and the unkind things we say or do. Nothing exposes our true selves more than how we treat one another in the home." -Joseph B. Wirthlin, April 2005.

Ha! I'm having a good laugh at my babies development. She hit her head on accident on the kitchen table, so when she came to me I kissed her and said "all better". She paused and I think really considered it, then walked over to the chair and ever so gently leaned forward enough to "hit" her forehead. She wailed and grabbed the back of her head again, then came over to me with her mouth open for a kiss. She has since done this about 4 times with her sippy cup.

SOOO. i just booked my flight TO HAWAII. to meet up with my mom a couple of my sister and my aunt. I am beyond excited. thank you to my husband and inlaws who are making this possible!!! its not easy getting away withOUT 3 kids!!!! i leave april 5.

Andrew asked me "what's that animal that chooses how many days are in February?" Haha took me a few minutes to figure out he means a groundhog....

"The Happiest People Don't Have the BEST of everything, they just MAKE the best of everything"

Just had a fun family date at Red Robin:) best sweet potato fries ever...now- we are going home to make brownies and eat ice cream and chillax while it continues to snow...I love being married with children;) I LOVE their sweet potato fries too. 

oor Andy's sick, fever over 103. Abby grabbed her "doctor clothes" and a tongue depressor. As she says she is coming to check him he's screaming "Abby doesn't know what she's doing!!!"....she's still waiting asking him " now are you ready to open your mouth? If you don't open your mouth I won't have you feel better." (pictures are on the post below)

It's kind if sad that Abby finally gets how to play "I spy with my little eye". She used to ALWAYS say "I spy with my little eye something pink. And purple. With flowers!" Many memories in NJ driving around playing that game.

Andrew & Abby decided to spin around holding hands while I was making dinner. Abby decided to let go, throwing Andrew into the tv stand. Now that he's calmed down he asks Abby "do you know what karma is?..." Haha!!!!

I had a good day today :) and you know what the reason was? Family. I love being with them. Especially a treat to spend the whole day with Dan Jacobson! I know school & work are necessary but we sure miss him a lot! 

Kids in bed at. 6:45. I don't know why (it may have been i woke up at 2:30 thanks to abby and couldnt get back to sleep and andrew woke up at 4:45 for the day and decided to wake up everybody else by 5:30)...but today was one of those days I was SO ready for their bedtime by 4:30...so wahoo! Mission accomplished!

So we have had a pretty good time this year. Isabella has had a rough past couple weeks. teething, shots, and a cold. she keeps waking up at 4 or 5 and not going back to sleep. its wearing me out! i think its because benadryl is wearing off by the morning and she gets too stuffy. i sure hope this cold doesn't last very much longer. the kids are so excited to have their trampoline they got for Christmas up! i am too. such a good thing for them to have in the backyard! and i am so excited to go to hawaii in 4 weeks. i have never had more than a night away from the kids, i don't think i've left isabella, that i can remember... being a mom is so rewarding but so exhausting. i am so ready and excited for this break. i am so glad i was able to go. i've never been to hawaii either so thats going to be a fun new adventure! and traveling without kids sounds amazing. the last flight i was on it was me and the 3 kids traveling... it will be soooo much different! i will miss them i am sure, but i am going to try and just enjoy my time away instead of worrying about what they are doing here... anyways, thats our update for now. Abbys birthday is in less than a week. I know its so cliche but her turning 4 seems very very strange to me. she has always been little abby. anyways, bring it on! we are happy for her. she told me she wants a birthday party with her friends at McDonalds. so there you have it...  wish us luck that it isn't packed!
    

No comments: