Thursday, July 30, 2015

American Fork Canyon, Grotto Falls and Swimming with Friends

my phone pics really stink, but its all i had! 


this makes me happy. I LOVE the canyon.

a couple little ropes were tied to some overhanging trees, the kids LOVED that.

Abby said the canyon was her favorite place in the whole world. A girl after my own heart. Wait until she see's Resurrection Bay!

I think marshmallows were her favorite part. haha. 
SO the above pics are from last night, we went to do a bbq for dinner and enjoy the canyon. It was great to be there! I love going back into the mountains. We tried to go up to Silver Lake, and it was EMPTY. what a let down! darn. but made for a cool drive. that sort of freaked me out!

Off to a great start!





Andrew helped carry some water and snacks, in our backpack we got for our upcoming trip. 







there were lots of little bridges which made it pretty fun!


I tried to get a few pics of our friends also. This is Bella's little friend.

And we are there! It was pretty short. 

























Today was a pretty great day. We started out early with going to Payson for the Grotto hike. Very short hike, just .6 miles. It was uphill most of the way up, and going down was nice coming back. The falls are pretty cool how they come over the rock. After that my friend invited us to her parents house to swim with them, it was awesome. Warm water, pool to ourselves! Had a nice little shelf too for kids, loved that. Also excellent was Owen, who cried when I put him in a portacrib in a strange new house, but who slept for 3 hours! So I didn't have him around swimming, which was relaxing for me. The kids had a blast with the waterslide, diving board and goggles. I'd say today was a success! On the way home both girls were out, and I kinda wished I could join in! Dan got off a bit early too, which was great having him get home sooner. We ALWAYS love that. I just don't want summer to end this week. Last week it couldn't end soon enough. haha. I sure love where we live tho, last night we went to the canyon

No comments: